Meeting right in the palm of your hand
Watch how to host an online meeting or set up a conference call
Conference calls and online meetings give you the power to connect with participants easily and effectively. By hosting an online meeting and bringing everyone together in a single digital space, you can communicate ideas and share thoughts efficiently as a group, regardless of distance.
How to start an online meeting or a conference call
Conference calls turn traditional telephone communication with prospects, customers and employees into powerful tools for your business. To get started setting up an online meeting or conference call with GoTo Meeting, simply follow these steps:
Step 1. Sign in to your account
Step 2. Schedule a meeting time
Step 3. Choose your audio options
Step 4. Set permissions and passwords
Step 5. Edit details and invite attendees
Step 6. Start the meeting
Step 7. Access your control panel
Step 8. Conduct the meeting
Step 9. Follow up
What are the benefits of conference calls?
Knowing how to host a meeting online with GoTo Meeting is only part of the equation. Here are some reasons why you should be using conference calling for your business.
Simplify your communications
Getting everyone together on a single telephone call doesn’t have to be difficult. GoTo Meeting’s built-in scheduling and contact options bring your team together at the click of a button.
Connect from anywhere
GoTo Meeting conference calling is compatible with any Mac or PC desktop or laptop. It’s also fully supported on iOS and Android mobile devices via the official GoTo Meeting app. This means that no matter where you are, you’ll have direct access to powerful conferencing options.
Integrate with your calendars
The last thing you need is another program sending reminders and trying to get your attention. With GoTo Meeting plug-ins, you can schedule and access meetings directly from Outlook and Google calendars.
Simple, clear conferencing with GoTo Meeting
GoTo Meeting offers a full suite of conference call features to ensure that you get the most out of your meetings.
Optional toll-free numbers for over 50 countries
Connect with teammates, clients and prospects from around the globe without your participants having to worry about long-distance charges. GoTo Meeting offers toll-free numbers for more than 50 countries.
Free conference call recording
Don’t let important information or ideas be forgotten. GoTo Meeting call recording creates a digital record and transcript of your conference calls, so you can review, share and keep meeting details for future use.
Single-tap conference call meetings with screen sharing
The last thing you need when conducting a conference call is confusing, overly complex controls. GoTo Meeting makes setting up a meeting and sharing your screen as easy as pushing a button.
Custom email invitations
Show your invitees that you care with customized email invites that address them personally and represent your brand effectively.
High-quality video conferencing
When audio just isn’t enough, incorporate high-quality video into your conference calls and never miss out on the nonverbal side of communication.
Incorporate GoTo Meeting into the calendars you already use. GoTo Meeting plug-ins for Outlook and Google calendars mean you’ll have your most important schedules all in one place.
Don’t chain yourself or your participants to the office. GoTo Meeting mobile apps for iOS and Android make conferencing on the go a reality.
Include up to 500 participants in an audio-only conference call without having to schedule or reserve bridge capacity beforehand through OpenVoice. Hold audio conferences whenever you need to you, even at a moment’s notice.
Get answers to all of your meeting questions
- A meeting planning checklist is a resource that will help you plan a successful meeting. Here are some items a meeting planning checklist may contain:
- Identify the purpose of the meeting
- Create an initial agenda
- Formulate a list of meeting participants
- Determine the roles of meeting participants
- Schedule a date, time, and location for the meeting
- Send a meeting invitation to key meeting participants
- Here are some tips to starting a successful conference call:
- Start a conference call by introducing yourself and anyone else on the line
- Briefly state the purpose of the meeting and get into the meat of the call quickly
- Coordinate the speaking order before the call
- Guide the discussion by keeping the team on topic and off tangents
- Send out a brief call summary after the call
- The best way to introduce someone on a conference call is to:
- Briefly mention their name and role
- Give a short reason as to why they are on the call
- Mention when during the call they will be speaking (if applicable)