GoToMeeting makes it easy to connect with people any way you want. Now you can have it integrated right in your HipChat rooms. Type "/meet" on any device and GoToMeeting will post a meeting in the room for everyone with everything you need for real-time collaboration
· Have a conversation with clear audio
· Catch the nuances with HD video
· Share screens and work together with drawing tools
· Your teammates don't need a GoToMeeting account to join your meeting. But anyone can sign in or sign up for a free 30-day trial to get in on the "/meet" action with their own meeting!
The GoToMeeting for HipChat add-on works on the web, desktop, iOS and Android. Both the cloud and server (on-premise) version of HipChat are supported.
Supported on HipChat and HipChat Server 2.0.4 and all GTM account tiers.
How To Install
Users will have to enable the integration from Atlassian Marketplace on the HipChat rooms that they own.
1. Log into Hipchat.
2. In the HipChat Marketplace, locate and click the GoToMeeting for HipChat tile.
3. The GoToMeeting for HipChat overview displays. Choose Add Integration.
4. You can select the rooms you want to add GoToMeeting to. The drop down list includes only those rooms you created. Select your new room and click Continue.
5. A message displays informing you about the integration. Choose Approve.
6. You return to your chat room feed. A welcome message displays with a link. Click Link your GoToMeeting account.
7. Depending on whether you are already logged into GoToMeeting on your current computer or device, you may be:
a. Taken through the sign-in steps.
b. Asked to Allow the HipChat integration access to your account.
Once you have signed into GoToMeeting and allowed access, you see the success page.
8. You can close the success page. The installation is complete.
IMPORTANT: If other room members want to link their GoToMeeting accounts to the room, they can click this same link.
Meet in HipChat
Using HipChat for meetings is easy.
1. Type /meet into your chat feed and press Enter.
2. If you are signed in and have a personal meeting space set up, GoToMeeting creates a link to launch a meeting in that space.
If you are signed in and do not have a personal space, GoToMeeting creates a link to a one-time meeting.
3. Click the meeting link to start the meeting.
4. Other room members will also see the meeting link and can click on the link to join the meeting.
Sign-in to GoToMeeting in HipChat
Make sure you are signed in to GoToMeeting in HipChat when you use it.
1. If you are not signed in, and you enter /meet in your chat feed, you are asked to link to your account. Click the Link request.
2. HipChat automatically signs you back into your GoToMeeting account.
3. You can also click the GoToMeeting button in the HipChat sidebar and make sure you are signed into your GoToMeeting account.
4. HipChat signs you into the account automatically.