Here we are again, it’s November and a winter chill is in the air, our fall decorations are coming down to make way for holiday lights, we’re swapping seasonal recipes, and we all have a chance to reflect on another year past. One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the chance to give thanks and give back. Here are GoTo we are kicking off this festive season with Giving Tuesday.
If you aren’t familiar, Giving Tuesday is a global movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people and businesses to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Here at GoTo, we give year-round, through GoTo Gives, our Philanthropy and Volunteering program, which is the vehicle through which we fulfill our mission to create a more sustainable world, through financial support and direct service, by connecting the next generation workforce to the power of possibilities. But we love the message of Giving Tuesday and thought we would take the opportunity to support our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and tie our efforts to give back to people and causes that are often underserved. This year our employees had the opportunity to make an impact across all six of our ERGs with our 2022 GoTo Gives + ERG Grant Awards. Over the last several weeks GoGetters could vote for the organization they thought should receive a GoTo Gives Grant Award from our corporate advised fund with the Givinga Foundation via WeSpire. It was a simple and meaningful way to advocate for a cause that GoGetters believe in.
Well, the votes are in, and we are excited to award the below six organizations a grant award this giving season! Thank you to all of our GoGetters that voted and supported the campaign!
- WE@GoTo, our ERG supporting women+, chose to support Women for Women: In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community, and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
- BE@GoTo, our ERG supporting the Black community, chose to support Color Of Change: Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by 7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America.
- PRIDE@GoTo, our ERG supporting the LGBTQIA+ community, chose to support True Colors United: True Colors United implements innovative solutions to youth homelessness that focus on the unique experiences of LGBTQ young people to ensure LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness have access to the inclusive and affirming services they need.
- AIM@GoTo, our ERG supporting the East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian and/or Pacific Islander communities, chose to support Sakhi for South Asian Women: Sakhi for South Asian Women exists to represent the South Asian diaspora in a survivor-led movement for gender-justice and to honor the collective and inherent power of all survivors of violence. Sakhi is committed to serving survivors through a combination of efforts including—but not limited to—direct services, advocacy and organizing, technical assistance, and community outreach.
- Families@GoTo, our ERG supporting families community, chose to support the Jimmy Fund: The Jimmy Fund solely supports the fight against cancer at Dana-Farber. Since its founding in 1948, the Jimmy Fund has raised millions of dollars through thousands of community efforts to help save lives and give hope to cancer patients around the world. An official charity of the Boston Red Sox, Pan-Mass Challenge, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, and Variety Children’s Charity of New England, the Jimmy Fund is an American favorite.
- ADAPT@GoTo, our ERG that empowers the inclusion and diversity of all physical, mental, or cognitive abilities, chose to support National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) : NAMI envisions a world where all people affected by mental illness live healthy, fulfilling lives supported by a community that cares. NAMI provides advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
At GoTo, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are an extension of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) commitment, serving a key role in our efforts to make and keep GoTo a place that welcomes anyone and everyone. Join the Giving Tuesday movement and help us reimagine a world built upon shared humanity and radical generosity.