1. ABOUT US. We are GoTo.com, Inc. (“GoTo”, “us”, “we” or “our”), a corporation registered under the laws of the state of Delaware in the United States with our registered address at 269 S. Beverly Drive #1134, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
2. ABOUT THE GOTO SERVICES. We provide users (“you”, “your” or “User(s)”) the GoTo platform, available at www.goto.com, which enables and encourages users to create their own Collections (as defined in the next sentence) of results and content on any topic and for users to search for, and interact with such Collections. (the “GoTo Services”) “Collections” are multiple pieces of content (or links to such content) that are organized and curated by you about a given subject utilizing the GoTo Services and, depending on the settings you establish for such Collections, that may be responsive to one or more keywords inputted in a user search.
A User may be a “Member” (meaning a User that has registered and created an Account with GoTo or a “Visitor” (meaning a User simply browsing the GoTo Services (eg searching, viewing content), and may also include an advertiser or a developer that has created an account with GoTo. An “Account” is created by providing a username and password and gives you, among other things, an ability to create and store Collections, create and store your user profile, and receive information from us.
a. “Personal Information” is information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name or e-mail address.
b. “Non-Identifying Information” means information that does not permit the identification of an individual person, such as the other information that you may provide as part of registration and personalization of your GoTo profile (for example, individual preferences). Certain Non-Identifying Information could be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences).
c. “Log Data” is derived by our servers automatically as you interact with the GoTo Services, which record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit a website. Log Data is a form of Non-Identifying Information.
6. WHY DOES GOTO COLLECT INFORMATION? Our primary goals in collecting information are to improve our GoTo Services, features and content, to administer your use of our GoTo Services, and to deliver content that may be of interest to you.
7. WHAT INFORMATION DOES GOTO COLLECT?
a. When you create an Account, we will collect your name, a username, e-mail address and password. When you personalize your Account, we will also collect any information you may provide, such as your full name, gender, your photo and any optional information you decide to supply about yourself, and your preferences.
b. We also collect from you some Non-Identifying Information about your interests as you navigate through our GoTo Services. For example, when you conduct a search, click on a result, follow someone or share a Collection, you are explicitly sending information about your preferences, which GoTo will use to improve its recommendations to you and to others. We may also receive Non-Identifying Information about you and your interests from other sources like third parties.
c. When you interact with the GoTo Services our servers automatically record information that your browser or device sends. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, your mobile device identifier, the time of day of your access, your general physical location or your more specific location if you are connecting through your mobile device, information such as demographics obtained from cookies and other analytics that help us deliver and monitor the effectiveness of our Services.
d. When you enter any information (including Personal Information) into any Collection or if available, postings or comments, we may collect this information, which may be available to some, a subgroup of, or even all Users of the GoTo Services, depending on how and where this information was posted by you and with whom you have elected to share the Collection, or if available, posting or comment.
e. When you leave us feedback or write to us directly, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback form, which will include your e-mail address and other information that you may submit to us for reference or reply.
f. As mentioned, when you interact with the GoTo Services our servers automatically record Log Data that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, your mobile device identifier, the geographic location of the IP address you are using to access the Internet, browser type, operating system (including identifying whether you are connecting via a mobile device), the time of day of your access, your general physical location or your more specific location if you are connecting through your mobile device, and the website that you visited immediately prior to GoTo.
8. HOW DOES GOTO USE INFORMATION? We use your Personal Information in some cases in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information to recommend and deliver to you certain Collections or other content, including, possibly, from advertisers, based on your expressed preferences and inferred interests. Log Data is used to monitor and analyze use of the GoTo Services, to determine the composition of and engage our user base, to analyze usage patterns, to optimize your access to our GoTo Services, and to control the load on our servers so that we can serve you better. We also combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and Log Data and aggregate it with information collected from other Users to attempt to provide you with better recommendations, to improve the quality and performance of our GoTo Services and to analyze and understand how our GoTo Services are used. We may use your e-mail address to inform you about changes to our GoTo Services, and, should you agree to receive such communications from us, send you newsletters or promotional e-mails about the GoTo Services (subject to the next paragraph).
9. HOW CAN YOU EDIT YOUR INFORMATION OR SETTINGS? As a Member you may choose to edit the Personal Information that is in your Account so that different or less information is available to the public. Further, if you want to keep your Collections private, you may use the “Private” visibility setting for your Collections so they cannot be accessed by Users through search or otherwise. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mail you receive. We may, however, still send you administrative e-mails regarding the GoTo Services. You may delete your Account, provided, however, we may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
10. HOW CAN YOU CHANGE OR DELETE INFORMATION? All Members may review, update, or correct the Personal Information in their Account by logging into their Account.
b. GoTo will use Non-Identifying Information collected using cookies and tracking technology: (i) to prioritize Collections in our search results; (ii) for analytics purposes, to monitor usage of our GoTo Services, to reengage users, and improve user experience; and (iv) to remember choices you make in order to improve user experience.
c. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set. Instructions to remove persistent cookies can be found through your Internet browser. For example, here are instructions to turn on “Do Not Track” while using the Chrome Browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761. Be aware that if you choose to disable cookies or opt out of tracking some areas of the GoTo Services may not be optimized for your use, you may not be able to access any or all of the functionality of the GoTo Services and your experience using the GoTo Services will not be personalized to your interests.
12. WHEN DOES GOTO SHARE INFORMATION, AND WITH WHOM?
a. Sharing via your Account. The information provided in your Account that you select to be publicly displayed via your privacy settings (e.g. Collections set to Public) will be public information and any User will be able to view it. For example, your username, photo, bio and GoTo Hats are also public information. This information may also be “crawled” by third party search engines so that Personal Information in your Account may be accessible through search engines in search results. Also, when you enter any information (including Personal Information), into Collections, or if applicable, postings or comments via the GoTo Services, this information, may be available to some, a subgroup of, or even all Users of the GoTo Services, depending on how and where such Collections were accessed. You may edit or delete certain information in your GoTo profile at any time so that it is no longer accessible to the public.
b. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, and other purposes relating to our GoTo Services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information. We do not share Personal Information with advertisers.
c. Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our GoTo Services, to provide the GoTo Services on our behalf, to perform site-related GoTo Services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance GoTo Services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the GoTo Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our GoTo Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
e. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We may access and disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, to respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order, to protect the property and rights of GoTo or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
13. HOW LONG WILL GOTO RETAIN INFORMATION? Unless there is a specific legal or regulatory requirement for us to keep information, we will retain it for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
14. WHERE WILL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED AND STORED? GoTo is located in the USA. Accordingly, Personal Information we collect may be transferred to and stored in our servers or those of third parties that act on our behalf (such as hosting providers) in the USA or other countries outside of the European Economic Area. By using the GoTo Services you agree to such collection, transfer and storage in the USA and outside of the European Economic Area.
15. HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION? You should be aware that while we take reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information, we are not able to fully eliminate all security risks or potential breaches.
16. WHAT IS THE POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN? Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to create an Account to use the GoTo Services. We do not knowingly gather Personal Information about Users who are under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at support at goto dot com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. If you are over the age of 13 but under the age of 18, and use the GoTo Services, and wish to remove any content you may have uploaded or posted to the GoTo Services, please contact us at support at goto dot com. Please note that even after removal of such content pursuant to the prior sentence, backups and archival copies may remain on our servers (but would be invisible to viewers of the GoTo Services).
Effective Date: December 14, 2016