Add the GoTo Resolve app to your Slack account and experience the power and efficiency of conversational ticketing. This integration helps eliminate the onerous and slow ticket submission process, and improve ongoing commenting and resolution as the workflow is moved to the tool employees live and collaborate in throughout the day – Slack. This integration allows for the following experiences directly within Slack:
- Admins can configure multiple Helpdesk services (e.g., IT Support, HR Support, etc.)
- End users can submit, review, and follow-up on tickets.
- Agents can receive, manage, and comment on tickets.
- Agents can start remote support sessions.
How To Install
Before your agents and end-users can create helpdesk tickets in Slack, an admin must install the GoTo Resolve app to your Slack environment. Here's how:
- Get the GoTo Resolve app.
Alternatively, you can search for GoTo Resolve in Slack App Directory.
- Click Allow.
- Click Open Slack in the pop-up message.
You should be redirected to the GoTo Resolve app in Slack. If not, navigate to the GoTo Resolve in the Apps section of the Slack sidebar.
- Type /sign-in to sign in to your GoTo Resolve account.
- Create triage channels for your agents to receive alerts when tickets are created for a specific helpdesk service. For example, create a channel call IT-helpdesk-triage
- Add respective agents to the appropriate triage channels.
- From the triage channel, type /link-channel and select the appropriate GoTo Resolve helpdesk service to assign it to that channel. If successful, you will receive a response that the channel was linked to the helpdesk service. Agents will now receive notifications and be able to manage tickets from that channel.