Red Wing is a city in Goodhue County, Minnesota, United States, on the Mississippi River. The population was 16,459 at the 2010 census.
This photo definitely helps understand why Red Wing's nickname is "Pretty Red Wing" (which, incidentally, is also the title of an old song about its namesake Native American maiden of legend)
The official website of the City of Red Wing in Minnesota. Find city news, department contacts and information about parks and recreation.
Downtown Red Wing, situated at the foot of Barn's Bluff, is known for its historic buildings like the St. James Hotel, (the tallest building in this photograph).
Red Wing, Minnesota, is a Mississippi River port rich in history, culture, architecture and wonderful Mississippi River Valley views.
In 1854 a group of Methodist ministers founded Hamline University in Red Wing. It was the first college established in Minnesota Territory.
The T.B. Sheldon Memorial Auditoriam - commonly referred to as The Sheldon Theater - is often referred to as the
St. Crispin Living Community was the names chosen for the new Post Acute Care facility being built on the Mayo Campus in Red Wing, MN. St. Crispin is the patron saint of shoe makers, tanners and leather makers. His name was chosen because of the deep history and ties shoe making has to the Red Wing community.
This is a fantastic history of S & B Tanning Company - now commonly known as Red Wing Shoes - and the impact the company has had on the growth of Red Wing, MN.
Red Wing is famous for its distinctive pottery and stoneware.
The St. James Hotel is a historial landmark in Red Wing, featuring shops, multiple dining spots, reception areas, and luxury hotel rooms. It has also been the focal point of various local and national ghost-hunting groups, much to the delight of the town and local newspaper (The Red Wing Republican Eagle).